Monday, August 31, 2009

So the kids have all been back to school now for a week (college, high school, middle school). I have been trying to catch up on some sewing. But as my recent projects are surprises - I can't show anything.

One thing I did last week was to clean the vintage sheet I had bought from the antique store. It turned out nicely, much brighter. I also used my pink card at my lqs. The pink card is stamped when you make a purchase, when it's filled up - it worth $25.00 of merchandise!

I've had my eye on this pattern and was glad they had one left. I'm thinking of doing it in 'pink work' - or wouldn't it be fun to do some of the blocks in wool. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have something else to show.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun pattern, I'm sure it will look pretty in pink.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I have several things needing to be oxycleaned. Cute pattern.

Nanette Merrill said...

That sheet is sweet. I have one I need to use almost just like that.

Gina said...

Great pattern

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

I need to try the oxyclean.
The baskets you show three posts down are just heavenly!! I collect baskets and have them everywhere...I wouldn't have been able to resist getting 1...okay 10 of them! hahahaha
hugs,
dawn

Carrie P. said...

I haven't ever seen sheets in the antique stores. Yours is very pretty.
I also have that pattern. I was thinking about doing mine in brown. I like the idea of some wool too. But it is on the back burner.

Anonymous said...

Hia Lynn one of my children is back and the other starts her 6th form college on Monday. Sorry I couldn't pop by earlier- the internet connection went in the night and didn't come back until this evening.

Love the bunny pattern. It would look so sweet in pink.

Well done with the repurposing. I used a charity shop linen/cotton curtain to line the cream linen needleturned bag I made this Summer. It's amazing what bargains you can pick up.