Thursday, May 21, 2009

On the wagon

Today is day 30 of my fabric diet. I've even been to my lqs and Joann's and left without purchasing fabric! So I'm pretty proud of myself right now. Normally I would go out and celebrate with a fat quarter. I think that might defeat the purpose of the diet. But - does it count if you receive some fabric as a gift? For Mothers day my daughters pooled their very limited resources and bought me these. I've been playing around with the charm packet (I have 2). I love them - 'Fresh' from Moda. No peeks though - because one of my projects with it is a surprise.

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Your daughters have good taste! Both of these are very cute. Oh, and I love your star quilt. (Our quilt group spray bastes all the time, and lots of them are super productive...just not me.

Sara said...

Your daughters got you some great fabric! Great job on the "diet" I really should, but alas there is always something I "need"!

Anonymous said...

Ooo Lynn what lovely presents to have! Yep presents can't be counted on a fabric diet. :-)

That tulip one is fantastic. :-)

I'm still making things from my stash too. The latest is a couple of cushion panels. It would've made you laugh to see me cutting the borders for them to squeeze as much as I could from the fabric. LOL

susan said...

oh you are so good!! i dont think i could last that long! i worked today (at my lqs) then went to joanns tonight!! ack!
i adore that animal fabric, too too cute