Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Whirly not so giggly - but doing better






I thought I would take a few minutes and try my hand at the whirlygiggle block that has been popping up around blogland. Obviously I had forgotten about my dismal performance in high school geometry (and also home ec - one of my most embarrassing days was the day we were required to wear the skirt we made - sorry I digress)
Blocks sewn wrong, upside down, wrong sides together, whirlys whirling the wrong way, oops sliced through my one good template, uh-oh can't read the template because I wrote so many times on it which was up/down/top/bottom and one inexplicably wrong size. But look 3 perfect ones! Let's hope I can remember this for tomorrow

3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Don't you just hate sewing days like that? Nice whirligigs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn,
I love your blog & have nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award :)

Mandy

http://6ichthusfish.typepad.com/

Anonymous said...

Well done for having a go.
http://loftcreations.blogspot.com/2009/01/whirlygigs.html

I have yet to try. It's somewhere on my very scarey To Do list.