Thursday, September 4, 2008

a finish


I thought I had signed up for Eileen's (www.eileensattic.blogspot.com) summer stash challenge and was working up to the last minute to finish it. But I never signed up - that's okay - because now I have this beautiful FINISHED quilt that I would have not made otherwise. I've had this butterfly print for a long time and never wanted to cut it up. So I just put my borders on and now I can still admire the fabric as a whole. I quilted around each butterfly, so it has a nice effect. By the way, if you've never visited Eileen's blog - check it out - she has wonderful vintage items, quilts and her pictures are so lovely to look at.

8 comments:

Judy S. said...

I surely see why you didn't want to cut up this fabric! Love the touch of blue in the border, too.

Katie said...

Yep. I'd be afraid to cut that fabric too!

Eileen said...

This is so pretty Lynn! I am going to link to you in my blog even though.

Ulla said...

This is a beautiful quilt! I'm going to add your link to my summer stash challenge list as well.

Messy Karen said...

simply beautiful. what a smart decision to leave it as you so have loved it all this time.

Linda said...

Beautiful fabric, Beautiful Quilt!!

swooze said...

Oh wow that is gorgeous fabric!

Betsy said...

sorry for the dealy in posting but I justnoticed your site. Did you applique this quilt? It is beautiful. I used to live in Goldsboro, NC for 20 years. ( I actually used to call it slowsboro . LOL )