Sunday, April 20, 2008


I was wondering what to do with 7 blocks and I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I think that the pattern was meant for kitchen towels. But of course I would never use a towel that was so cute. So I like what I did with it. I go to a redwork group once a week and this is when I did the majority of this. Now I have to start something new. I have decided to do one UFO per month. It really is hard not to start new projects - but if I promise myself to complete one old one a month that will be a start. So I'll just pull a UFO out of my big UFO box and that's the one I have to finish. Unfortunately the first one I picked is one of those wretchedly ugly what was I thinking. I'll post it tommorrow so - it's so horrible I can't work on it too much.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What a cute little quilt - and weren't you lucky to find such perfect material to go with it. I love combining embroidery and quilting too

Linda C. said...

Well, blogger must not like what I had to say, because my comment has disappeared . . . or else, it will show up twice!

I'm a firm believer that some quilts are not meant to be finished by the person who started the project. Your hobby shouldn't be punishment, and that project may have already taught you all that it had to offer, even if it is as simple as not caring for the colors. Let that quilt go to someone who will love it, and you move on to something you love!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is adorable! Great job!
I have just start embroidery this year and reallyl enjoy it. Are you doing the Capricorn Quilt BOM?

Alison said...

I love the redwork quilt. It is so sweet. I have started to try my hand at stitchery and redwork recently.