Friday, March 21, 2014

This week

As usual I'm jumping around a lot working on too many different projects.
I finished some heart blocks for Margaret's Hope Chest. 


I worked on some pink blocks. Sometimes a girl just needs to play with her pink scraps

I had extra fun playing with corduroy. I really am having fun with Stephanie's http://www.designsbyloftcreations.com/ new book Uncommonely Corduroy. I have two quilts planned to make right away with it. Same pattern, but with and without corduroy. 
Don't you love that red corduroy?  I found some red and pink corduroy on sale at my local sewing store the same week the book arrived. It was meant to be. 
I also finished a quilt,  this is a long overdue one for Margaret's Hope Chest. Ooops I just realized I haven't put the binding on yet.  Handsewing for me this weekend then.


5 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love hearts and those are sweet blocks. Oooo and pretty pink stars too. LOVE your string block and the red corduroy is super awesome with the fabrics. I love texture in quilts. I'm so happy you're enjoying the book. :o)

Judy S. said...

Nice projects. I love anything with hearts!

KaHolly said...

I find that when I jump around like that, I actually accomplish more!! Great projects. I'm loving Stephanie's book, as well.

Carrie P. said...

keeping busy! neat heart blocks.

Kay said...

I especially love the purple heart.